Sunday, August 12, 2007

Friendship

It's often been said that we all get by with a little help from our friends. This is, of course, true. Tonight one of my old roomies turned 30. We are, also, basically losing a friend to law school this weekend and I, for the first and probably NOT the last time, was called out about possibly leaving the Bay Area next year for journalism school. In any case, all of these semi-isolated incidents actually intertwined, which either means the Bay Area is really small (true) or that I just happen to be so amazingly lucky in the terms of the people I call my friends that this was inevitable. At some point, when I get married (not holding my breath and you, dear reader, shouldn't either), I know that at the reception I could spend days talking about how blessed I feel in the presence of the people that I am proud to call my friends. I've said this before and I will say it again, I have no idea how I, of all people, deserve this...but my life is, and will continue to be enriched by...(hyperbole alert)...people akin to angels....nobody could ask for even half of what I have and expect it to come to pass. I am in no place to question to question things, so I won't. There are very few things in this life you can take at face value, but the love and devotion of the people you call your friends is one of them. When you have a second, let them know how important they are to you. Your life, and theirs, will be all the better for it.

No comments: