Sunday, October 22, 2006

Fall tunes

Inspired by this post, I humbly submit some of my own sounds of the season. I would agree with Catherine's selection of Wilco's "Being There" (my favortie song from disc 1, "Far Far Away") and to that I would add these songs/albums:

"Cole's Corner" Richard Hawley
"Ice Age" Pete Yorn
"Barfly" & "Empty" Ray LaMontange
"Night Driver" Tom Petty
"Meet Me By the Water" Rachel Yamagata
"New York City Serenade" and "If I Should Fall Behind" Bruce Springsteen
"The Boxer" Simon & Garfunkle (probably more of a winter song, but still)
"All of My Days" Alexi Murdoch
"NYC" Interpol
"It's All in the Game" Van Morrison
"Black Dress", "These Crimson Tears" & "This One's For You" Ed Harcourt (I recommend the solo piano version of the later song if you can find it)
"Stay out of Trouble" Kings of Convenience
"Lay Lady Lay" Bob Dylan (A strong contender for THE best Dylan song of all-time, IMO)
"Fireflies" Rhett Miller & Rachel Yamagata
Anything from "O" by Damien Rice
"Every Little Kiss" Bruce Hornsby (this song always reminds me of the fall in Virginia)

No comments: