Thursday, December 28, 2006

"We love ourselves! We really, really love ourselves!"



Shorter New York magazine: "We would fellate ourselves...if we could only get our heads out of our own asses."

Don't get me wrong...I love New York City. I have family attachments to the Big Apple (mom is a Bronx girl, my grandfather spent most of his life in the city and in Yonkers), and I have very fond memories of being a child, taking in the wonder of Coney Island and enjoying Nathan's hot dogs. But the piece linked above is why lots of people sometimes can't stand New Yorkers; there's an elevated sense of self-love that can border on the egocentric that stems largely from...merely being a city resident. It's the same kind of braggadocio that's behind this kind of thing.

Hate the sin, love the sinner I guess.

No comments: